Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shadow's writing

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Shadow's writing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/50Shadow's writing - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Shadow's writing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 am

That depressing?
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Bastard Co-Admin From Hell
Aquatica

Character sheet
Name: Kianial Nikiaal
Hit Points:
Shadow's writing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/50Shadow's writing - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 am

Correct you evil depressing... depressing person!
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

I warned you, didn't I?
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:44 am

I never got warned. WHERE'S MY RUM?!?!??!!
((And rum is needed no matter what the tone.))
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am

Easy, Jack Sparrow! *Tosses rum*
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am

I Got A Jar Of Dirt!
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:47 am

I gotta jar of dirt!
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 am

And I stole it from you!
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:49 am

*Rolls out a barrel of rum* AH. Much better.
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:50 am

Mwahaha! *sits on the rum!*
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:51 am

*Sits IN the rum!*
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 am

*It's full of delicious rum... and PIRANHAS!!!!*
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:01 am

*Eats the piranhas in one gulp!* Rikti stomach: Superior: To Piranha!
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 am

THEY WERE MY ONLY FRIENDS!!!! *Weeps bitterly over the loss of his piranha friends.*
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

*opens mouth, and a fishtank of piranhas comes out!
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 am

PIRANHAS!!! *Glomps Aqua*
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 am

You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: The Tale of Maranka   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:13 am

This is a oneshot, explaining some of the origins of my character Maranka.

Throughout history, there are a few Darklings that shine out. One such Darkling is Maranka Matea, void born. This is her tale.

Leaves and branches hit my face as I swung from branch to branch, foregoing the safer method of the walkways. There simply was no time. How could they do this to me? I wondered as I rushed through the forest towards my grandmother's tree. Everyone knew the tales of Kasin, and I had seen what he did to Keldrin, we all had. He'd killed my bonded, and yet my family still wished for me to marry him. I couldn't, I couldn't!
Tears obscured my vision for a moment, but my hands knew the way. I dropped safely to the ground at my grandmother's door, knocking rapidly. "Gramma!" I called, "Gramma, it's me, Maranka! Please let me in!" I was shaking like a leaf in the wind, not only because of the chill in the air, but from fear. Grandmother Friadon opened the door, took one look at my disheveled blond hair, teary purple eyes, and active markings, then drew me into a hug. Standing only at 5'4, she was less then a foot taller then me.
Grandmother rocked me back and forth slowly, leading me inside and waiting for me to calm down enough to speak. "M-mother and F-father are marrying me o-off to Kasin R-riados," I stuttered out, terrified tears streaming down my cheeks. Grandmother's blue eyes blazed in fury, and she growled softly, pacing back and forth, muttering to herself.
After a few minutes of pacing, she turned to face me. "I'll not let them," she assured me, her eyes blazing. "When is the wedding to happen?" I was shaking as I answered, my voice still choked by terror. "I-in ten days, on the m-midmoon of R-risdale." Grandmother twitched. "Of course, of course..." she muttered to herself, pacing again. I felt myself slowly relaxing. Grandmother would find a way, I told myself. Grandmother always finds a way.
"Maranka, child, you're not going to like what I am about to ask you to do." Grandmother said softly. I lifted my head in alarm, noting her grave eyes. "I need you to pretend to go along with the marriage, Maranka. Can you do that?" I nodded slightly, hands starting to shake. Grandmother must have noticed this, for she then said, "I will not let him have you, Maranka. I have a plan, I promise. I need you to do one more thing for my plan to work, however- I need you to arrange for the pre-ceremony bath to be at least twice as long as it normally is. Then I shall handle the rest." I nodded again, allowing grandmother to gently take my arm and return me to my parents tree. She hugged me gently, then sent me inside.
The days to my 'wedding' passed slowly. I started to understand grandmother's plan as she aided mother and I in planning the ceremony, selecting trusted friends of her and the families of Kasin's previous six wives to be the attending maids, and herself to oversee the bath. I did not yet know what the plan was, but I felt safe in the knowledge that any of the women selected to prepare me would aid in the plan.
The day came at last. I was shaking like a leaf when my attendants undid my hair and eased me out of my gown, someone taking my belongings elsewhere. Grandmother lead me into the bath chamber, muttering a spell to seal the door, then turning to me. "Bathe quickly, child," she ordered, no hint of warmth to her voice. Shivering, I slipped into the pool of water and washed my hair swiftly, rinsing it out. The pool emptied and refilled itself with a whispered word, allowing me to bathe my body with fresh water.
When I stepped out of the water, grandmother handed me a green dress to put on, once again ordering me to be swift. As I finished dressing, she went over to the west wall. "Dos, nif vur xkhat vi ifni ihk ve vur sini ekess klae." she muttered, a soft yellow glow flowing from her fingertips to the wall. I watched in amazement as it swung open, revealing a flight of stairs going down, down. Grandmother turned to me. "Come, Maranka. We must be swift." I nodded silently.
The door shut behind us with an ominous clang, and I could not help but to shiver. Grandmother seemed not to notice as she led us down the stairs. It felt like hours that we spent going down, down, down, but in reality, it was only a few minutes. We eventually came upon a dead end. Grandmother stopped, tapping to wall, and muttering, "Dif, nif." This wall too swung open, revealing darkness and grass. As we stepped out, I looked up. My eyes widened in shock, as I saw- above us- the first layer of the city trees. Grandmother turned to me, looking sad. "You must leave this place, Maranka. Nowhere on the homeworld will you be safe from Kasin, now that we have raised his ire. I will slow down his pursuit as much as I can, but you must leave immediately." I felt tears pricking at the corners of my eyes as I nodded. Grandmother unclasped her cape and handed it to me, wrapping me in a tight hug. "I am so sorry," she whispered into my shoulder. "So, so sorry." She pulled way, wiping her eyes. "I'll open the portal for you, but from this point forward, you'll have to do it on your own." I nodded silently.
I looked back at Grandmother one last time as the shimmering yellow circle formed, nodding slightly. I turned away, shutting my eyes, and took a deep breath. I didn't look back as I forced myself to take that final step, falling through to the unknown.

Friadon Matea watched the portal close sadly, her heart clenching as she lost her second child. "Lady damn this world..." she muttered, straightening up. "I'll fix our world for you, Mara. I owe you that much." It was a determined heart that she turned towards the rising sun, and made her way back into the tree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow's writing   Shadow's writing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow's writing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live it up a little. :: General :: Writing-
Jump to: