Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum's 3rd birthday preparation

Go down 
+2
shadearion
Shali
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Left_bar_bleue50/50Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Empty
PostSubject: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:23 am

I will explain momentarily why I'm doing this so early this year (about 2 and a half months) please bear with me.
Normally, I request that you help me in gathering every image on the forum for use in a collage. This year, however, I am doing something different. I need you- each and every one of you, no matter how new you are or if you're even in any of the RPs- to choose a favorite scene from one of that RPs, and give me the date, a link to the starting post, and a link to the ending post. I'm not asking you to go back and reread all of the RPs, unless you really want to, just to think back to the favorite part you've read/participated in.
Why am I asking this? Simple. I plan to make a video of your- the members- favorite moments in RP on this site. Kind of a reminder of the good times over the past- wow, has it really already been three?- years.
While I'd love to let you have complete freedom in these choices, I do have to ask you to keep a few things in mind while picking.
  • The performers- including myself- are for the most part underage, and it's a *Small* group of us. Please keep your selections appropriate and possible for us to do.
  • Please remember that the actors involved are humanoid, and that if one of the characters in the scene is a non-humanoid, we may be forced to cut the character from the scene.
  • Please remember that we're doing this with a not-even-amateur filmmaker, and thus special effects- such as magic- may not be possible for this.

Now, I promised to tell you why I am doing this so early, correct? It's because it takes a *lot* of time to set this all up- and, if I cannot get enough people to help me with the acting, I may have to do it as an animated video instead, in which case I'll put all of the scenes up for a vote and use the top three.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:
Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Left_bar_bleue50/50Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:14 am

Hmm.... Time to get all dusty again. *Dives into the somewhat dusty pile of RP tomes.*
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:22 am

This sounds smashing. Is there a time limit to this?
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:56 am

I would *prefer* them by Wednesday so I've got something to do before my doctors appointment (namely, converting them to scripts), but since that is unlikely, by the end of this week is optimal, and the limit is next Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:45 am

Come on guys, do you *Really* want more evidence of my bad taste?
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:01 am

Bad taste would imply you had any taste at all.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 10:01 pm

See? He gets it. I have absolutely *no taste.*
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:33 am

My favorite would be when Loup got the Order mage drunk in Insane Academy. Could not stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:17 am

Gimme a link to the start and finish post please?
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
dark knight
God of Paradox
God of Paradox
dark knight

Character sheet
Name: Jenny James
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:07 pm

The problem I have is my best scenes are too flashy and would require LOTS of special effects, mostly have become non-cannon, and/or involve spaceships making the scene. I guess that mostly limits it to one of Safire's rants...and just give me a subject for one of those.
Back to top Go down
http://realmofparadox.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Any of Saf's rants work, I think.
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:30 am

While I'm sure this is possible *I don't mind scene cuts to much for this*, it might require some handy work.

It's from "Rules Don't Apply". When Amy makes an appearance.

Start: https://liveitup.rpg-board.net/t1011p360-rules-don-t-apply
End: https://liveitup.rpg-board.net/t1011p420-rules-don-t-apply

I found myself raising an eyebrow. Thus, it is of interest.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:33 am

Wheee! Amy! She was the basis for Lana, you know.

Lana: *Suspicious look at Amy.*
Amy: *Suspicious look at Lana- then tackle glomp*
Lana: Ah! *Flees!*
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Hahahahaha! Lana had the right response. That would scare me as well.

Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Oh, by the way, hello Monolith, my computer was just fixed a little while ago and I was playing RIFT.
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:05 am

G'day. It's an interesting thing, because currently my computer is fried at the minute and I'm still trying to season it.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:06 am

Heheheh. Lana is a scardy cat, we know this well. *Nods and goes back to planning on how best to deep fry Lord Nightmare.*
By the way, might I recommend cinnamon for seasonings?
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:10 am

XD, my graphics card died and we just decided to get me whole new parts for my computer, meaning, it now runs extremely well and tis epic.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Admin
Iggy

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:12 am

What can I do?
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:37 pm

*Points at the very first post* Please?
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:16 pm

You did get the links to the begining and end of the part I selected in skype didn't you Shali?
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Alright. So, I have some bad news... I'm still going to do this, *BUT*, it's going to take longer then I had planned. I do not have enough people to help me act out the scenes, and thus, I'm going to have to animate them. And considering that I've never done any form of animation before... Well. It's going to take me a while, and most likely, I won't be done in time for the forums Birthday.
Here's my question- Would y'all rather wait for me to finish it, or would you rather I do something else, and do the video next year, when I'll have more experience and hopefully people to help me act it out like I had planned?
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:09 pm

How many actors do you need?
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

More then I have, which, other then myself is a grand total of *one*, and she's not even sure she can. I need enough that in the largest scene I've got one for each character, which I simply *do not have*. And I *will* be honest, if I try to animate it now- it will come out awful. I have never even *touched* animation before, you see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum's 3rd birthday preparation   Forum's 3rd birthday preparation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum's 3rd birthday preparation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next