Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back in a Pinch...

Go down 
+4
shadearion
Shali
Iggy
Monolith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Back in a Pinch... Left_bar_bleue50/50Back in a Pinch... Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Interesting.

I use that word a lot, perhaps more than I should. However, there are few words that are so vague and all encompassing to describe anything. Useful whether in a good way or in a bad way. On a sad day or a mad day. Today, I use it as a good thing. My dear friend Shadow has heavily hinted to me that I should join this place probably well over a dozen times now. I've never role-played over a forum. In fact, my role-play experience has not been very public until the past 7-8 months or so. This is forgiven, because stories is what I do. I'm a writer who imagines new worlds constantly taking probable shapes, then reforming themselves, and the process continues until I am satisfied. Though, I am never satisfied, so the process continues forever more. Though my mind struggles to contain it at times.

The reason I continued to regard Shadow's subtle invitations (And sometimes not so subtle) is because in comparison to any here, I would insult the name of role-play with my lack of experience and clumsy word play. In retrospect, I was skittishly shy. As is my true nature. Though some regard me as relatively outgoing, in reality I have a sharp aversion to crowds and prefer the company of a good book to almost anything else besides. Though these are circumstances notwithstanding to my obligation to my responsibilities, as they require me to deal with people on a regular basis. I try to be sociable, when I must.

I met Shadow sometime ago as a friend of a friend. Little did I know that the situation would change so unexpectedly that not even I realized what happened until it was already done. Her skillful RP, which was laced in a dash of madness with the touch of fair-play, inspired me to delve into my old stories. Stories I had written as a child. I saw those old characters, and decided to bring some of them to life. I had experienced nothing so fantastic. It was like a walking dream whenever I played them. The devious silver android tongue of Kaiser, the manipulator. The deceptively stoic Jarvan, who fights inner devils of his own. The ever instinctual Jericho, who's social awkwardness curdles milk daily. These characters all represent elements that were at sometime around me, or perhaps in me, who can say? All creations come from a source of inspiration. Either from ourselves or our environment.

I have some forum experience. I used to frequent a game forum (the game shall remain unnamed) and I would make the moderator's lives miserable by starting up fierce debates. They would normally end in someone getting banned, and I would be able to defend myself due to the fact that I never flamed. A friend had told me one day that they were looking for new moderators, and he wanted to try out but was to afraid. So he asked me to ask the head moderator for an application. I don't know why I didn't brush him off, even to this day. But I did what he asked, and I decided it would be hilarious if I filled it out myself while I had it. In reality, I had already concluded that the job of a moderator was a terrible thing that I never wanted to do, but I was regarded as a troll. What greater trolling can be done by a troll then apply to be a moderator? Somehow I was accepted, and was a moderator for nearly 2 years before the game shut down. It was during that time that I studied the psychology behind authority. My policy was to understand as much as possible. For this, I was known as the sunshine and lollipops moderator, because instead of shutting down a flamer immediately, I'd try to understand their position first.

I bring that lesson with me everywhere I go. To my job, to any work I do. To understand the other perspective, even if it isn't one I agree with. Merely to understand that perspective is what I seek. It's a word from a friend long ago that encourages me that I do the right thing. As long as his brave words ring true in my ears, I know I tread a good path.

In terms of RP, my characters are varied. Many of them are related in some way. Some of them dislike each other. For the purposes of this forum, I will only use 1-2 characters of previous creation. The rest, will be new for me, and I look forward to the challenge of presenting them in this unfamiliar format. This dark place that is easy on my eyes will be a fit place for a new paradigm of creations that will no doubt please the mark of my dubious typing fingers.

I welcome you to approach me, and I am open to reproach. I merely seek to understand.
"Optimism is not what I do. I am a rational cynical realist who processes information and creates theories, hypothesis and deductions based on facts that I observe or am told. I prove these theories and hypothesis over a period of time as the theories and hypothesis make their way to a reality where they are more tangible."
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Admin
Iggy

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Back in a Pinch... Wtf_sl11

You expect me to read all that? Meh, I'll just skip all that text and just say, welcome stranger. There are new missions available at the Middle of Nowhere bounty board.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Hit Points:
Back in a Pinch... Left_bar_bleue50/50Back in a Pinch... Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:20 pm

*Wild waving* Hello, helllo! Shinies! Yay! *Pokes Iggy* Let'see... Y'all skimmed over Nebulis's, you skimmed Khunvyel's, and now you skim Monolith's. ....Maybe I need to drop a few paragraphs on you.
"Or maybe you need to go back to sleep."
No one asked you Mara. Let me have my fun.
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 am

No worries. I hold no expectations for anyone on this forum. Read as much or as little that pleases you. I thank you both for your generous welcome.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 am

Use of the word y'all. Your roots are showing. Anyway, even if you dropped a few paragraphs on us, as you say, you have no guarantee that we would read them.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:31 am

*Grumbles* Hrmp. You're a meany, you know that?
"No, he's sensible."
Maraaaa! Go back to the RP! Hmph..
*Laughter from Mara.*
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:46 am

Merely stating the facts, My Dear Shali.
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 am

I think the idea behind it is that in order to read anything from her, it would be in the form of several paragraphs. Sooner or later, one would have to read them in order to understand important pieces of information.

As such, it is a valid thing to worry about if one has a dislike of paragraphs. For instance, what would happen if Shali decided to post at least a paragraph... in all that she did?
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 am

See, that's what I've been trying to do. But, they make it difficult by providing me very little to work with, at least in the RP sections. Everywhere else... Eh. However long it takes to get to my point is however long I'll take. Otherwise, I ramble. And no one likes that.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Admin
Iggy

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:08 pm

I'll play Tetris with every line of text that is dropped on me.
Back to top Go down
dark knight
God of Paradox
God of Paradox
dark knight

Character sheet
Name: Jenny James
Level:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Whoa wall o' text.
Am I the only one who went through it all?

Anyway, hi new guy. Don't worry about RP skill here, by the size of those paragraphs ya dropped it should come naturally....or at least somewhat naturally...perhaps the answer is purple.
Back to top Go down
http://realmofparadox.forummotion.com/forum.htm
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

The answer is always purple. And no, you're not the only one who read it all. I read it too.
Back to top Go down
Khunvyel
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Khunvyel

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:40 am

Of course you are not the only person who read through it all Razz

Its just interesting how you are actually contradict with yourself, aimed to those who PRESUMABLY did not read it. I have read through some rules threads from roleplays. They are at least the same length, and you can't tell me that you have not read them. Because you know, RP settings. So there is no difference in having the courtesy to welcome a new member by giving them the credit to check what kind of lot they are, if you are willing to undergo the ordeal already to properly make character backgrounds and read rules.

Digest this paragraph Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:10 am

I digested it, and am five seconds from doing my best Prince Sernine impersonation.
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:01 am

*chuckles* Calm down everyone. Lets stop threatening each other with paragraphs.... *stifles a laugh*
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:06 am

*Facepalm* Why does Shali act like a giggling schoolgirl everytime someone new comes on?!
Back to top Go down
Monolith
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Monolith

Character sheet
Name:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:20 am

Is that a question, an observation, or both?
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I think I little bit of both, although it really does depend on the perspective although I think that would be how most of the people here feel anyways. Wouldn't you agree? *Chuckles*
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:38 am

One: I probably shouldn't necro this, but that school girl comment must be denied. I am not a giggling school girl! I am a *hyper shadowy thingy!* Get it right!
Two: The reason is because I am, in fact, hyper and giddy when new members join, because it makes me hyper and happy and bouncy, since I usually already know these members and it's always a pleasure to meet the ones I don't know.
Okay, done being a necro.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 am

Giggling does tend to suit you. I recall hearing you unable to stop giggling that one day.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:50 am

I do not giggle! *Flail* I was under the influence of Pepsi!
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

SUUURE you were.

*Laughs his ass off with a surprisingly good-humored Immortal*
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Bastard Co-Admin From Hell
Bastard Co-Admin From Hell
Aquatica

Character sheet
Name: Kianial Nikiaal
Hit Points:

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Hey, necromancy is MY job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back in a Pinch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in a Pinch...   Back in a Pinch... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in a Pinch...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live it up a little. :: Basic :: Intro's-
Jump to: