Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out Of Character Discussion!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Out Of Character Discussion! Left_bar_bleue50/50Out Of Character Discussion! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Out Of Character Discussion! Empty
PostSubject: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Y'all know the drill. Go wild!
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:
Out Of Character Discussion! Left_bar_bleue50/50Out Of Character Discussion! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:58 pm

I HATE ANYTHING WITHOUT SOMETHING IN IT.
Back to top Go down
dark knight
God of Paradox
God of Paradox
dark knight

Character sheet
Name: Jenny James
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 pm

This may sound like a smartass comment, but I am legitly confuzzled.

Wouldn't you by using the gem be always godmodding? Or even Godadmining the universe? So the no godmodding rule means no godmodding the godmodding or simply don't be a douchebag?
Back to top Go down
http://realmofparadox.forummotion.com/forum.htm
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 pm

What I got from it is no assuming something worked. Instead of doing something, you attempt to do it, and hope you have both the energy and the capability based upon what the admin feels you can do at that point.
Back to top Go down
dark knight
God of Paradox
God of Paradox
dark knight

Character sheet
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Yes, but then how would you take interactive actions, for example:

"Joe creates a snowball and throws it at Sarah"
The way your saying it the action would have to be two posts.
"Joe attempts to create a snowball"
Then Shali'd have to post to confirm if it worked. assuming it did.
"Joe throws a snowball at Sarah"

I'd see the first one as legitimate, but it does assume the creation just worked. I guess you could post
"Joe attempts to create a snowball and throw it at Sarah"
But then this whole game would sound like a meeting of congress.

Hence my confusion.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:45 am

What I mean by godmodding is, in this case, controlling other people's characters.
Back to top Go down
Momijifan495
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Momijifan495

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 6:50 am

Then a legit question I have is, "Is there a problem with what I am doing? Or is it more since that is the premises of the entire thing it can continue?" I don't want to cause any problems by breaking a rule or such I didn't realize existed.
Back to top Go down
dark knight
God of Paradox
God of Paradox
dark knight

Character sheet
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:10 am

I'm not sure what you mean by that momiji, and seeing as I'm the admin with the hair trigger you should be fine.

Also an odd note, the site hasn't been showing the little picture change for new posts making using this a pain. Anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
Momijifan495
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior
Momijifan495

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Shali had posted about godmodding or completely controlling characters, which is sorta what happens in the CYOA. Granted you choose an action, but the filler, the choices, everything is more or less chosen for you by whoever is writing the CYOA. Which is why I am hoping I am not doing anything wrong.

I am a very very cautious person -.-
Back to top Go down
dark knight
God of Paradox
God of Paradox
dark knight

Character sheet
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:55 pm

No, it is not an issue. For two reasons actually.

1. It's your game (So Controlling peoples characters can be forgiven to an extent)
2. It is clearly defined that you will carry out the characters every action (or pretty much every action) hence the name CYOA.

Also, I believe you can see the warning meter. for the most part breaking rules makes it go down by a certain amount based on the infraction (Countdown to temp ban if you will) We have lists and tables about this you can't see and I won't show you plus it'll go away as time goes on if you follow the rules. We have a few notes we admins can only see as well that influence these decisions, and won't ever jump straight to banning someone unless they seriously fuck up plus we need a majority agreement on that which almost never happens. So if your screwing up, we'll warn you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out Of Character Discussion!   Out Of Character Discussion! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out Of Character Discussion!
Page 1 of 1