Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aquatica
Bastard Co-Admin From Hell
Aquatica

Character sheet
Name: Kianial Nikiaal
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Left_bar_bleue50/50Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Empty
PostSubject: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Just read, and enjoy the madness! Smile

Listen to this while reading this chapter: http://www.inhuman-comic.com/greystheme.mid

Chapter one:

A train was running on its tracks, at a relatively leisurely pace, going nowhere but a circle. Or, at least, that's what the normal man or woman would see. To those who know the secret, the train was going through different dimensions, while the motion of the train around its circular tracks, centered around a 18 way ley line nexus that exists in two hundred point three dimensions, kept it from ever losing its course. Within the train, the passengers felt it start to slow.

"Attention, passengers, we will soon be stopping in the lands of Myrra. The rules of Myrra shall now be stated: One, be polite to those who are polite to you; two, enjoy yourself, without harming the others; three, never, ever, look back. That is all."

As a few passengers got their things ready, the train began to slow to a stop, at least in the dimension of Myrra. Three passengers are of importance to us now. Kaylen, a woman of the age of twenty. Tall, pale, and long legged, she was easily noticed from all the other humanoid passengers. Yon, a young boy, clung to her leg, afraid of all the different creatures surrounding him. Bright blue eyes, dark brown hair, and a smile to light up the world, Yon was Kaylen’s son. He was born out of marriage when she was still a teenager, an accident Kaylen never regretted. And the third, final passenger of importance was unknown to either of them, a shadow following in their tracks. It was the servant of a mage of Myrra, but would one day be so much more.

When train stopped Kaylen and Yon got up and walked through the it, to the one door out at the very front. As they walked past the unusual creatures, demons, half dragons, and more, Yon clung closer and closer to his mother. The shadow, hiding itself with Yon, followed. No creature was likely to bother the young child while the shadow was with him, though. Once they were off, the train began to move in its infinite loop again, traveling through the two-hundred point three dimensions it existed in. It would not return for another year. Kaylen looked out, and saw a wide expanse of grass. The sky was white with clouds, casting a soft white light over everything, and a village could be seen not too far off. She bent down and smiled at Yon. "Well, we're here, Yon. What do you think?"
"Pretty!"
"I'm glad you like it. We'll be living near here for now on. Won't that be nice?" She said, standing back up. "Come on now, we don't want to be late!" She added, holding his hand as they walked towards the village.

The shadow, now that they were at the village, jumped all the way to the shadow of a aged looking man, wearing a dark robe. The shadow’s voice was like the movement of cloth. "They arrived, master."
The man spoke as if he was distracted by something, always staring straight ahead. "Good. Keep watch over them when they enter the village."

The shadow then jumped to the village, into the shadow of the nearest house to Kaylen. As she walked in, it followed. The village was made up of scattered shops, wooden houses, and a few fountains. The road was paved carefully with stone, and the area to either side covered with grass. The road was contained entirely in the village, nowhere did it leave. Kaylen walked into a large building, and in the front room was a man sitting at a desk. She walked up to him.
"State your business." He said.
"I'm here about the home I bought here in advance of my arrival." She answered quietly and politely. "My name is Kaylen Rein."
"I remember that order. First one in a while. You new to Myrra?"
"Yes, sir." She said shyly.
"Well then. Did the train explain the rules?"
"Yes, but not much about the place. I know all the basic info, but beyond anything about this village wasn't explained."
"Well, I'll get you the paper that explains it all in a minute."
"Thank you, sir."
The man wrote a few things on a few papers, searched through the desk, and handed her a small stack of documents. "These are the things you'll need to know. Read them at your leisure, and return them to me when you're done with them."
She looked at the top page, and read;

Freedom, in all things.

Welcome to the lands of Myrra.

A collection of floating continents, each under the control of a different race, or group of races. The land you are currently in is the land of humans. All of the lands are ruled by one man, named Kestor, immortal and unchanging. He is not a cruel man, and rules as justly as he can.

This is the village of Bornwell, the closest village to the dimensional train. We have all sorts of supplies for the hopeful traveler, and many maps of the land. We cater to all the races, even the demons of Rothgrawl. In this document, you shall find information about all of the lands, the king, and the history of Myrra.

She looked up at the man, smiling. "Thank you again. Um... How do I get to my new home?"
"When you leave the building, head to the left for three houses, and you'll be there."
"Thank you so much for all the help." She replied as she left, Yon close behind. She followed the directions, and came to a two story house, relatively small. She had barely been able to afford it, and had little money for anything else. She opened the door. Fortunately, the house came already furnished, with two beds, a bathroom, a kitchen, and the other little things that people find useful. She went to the upstairs with her son. "This will be your room, Yon. Isn't it nice?"
"Yes. It's big!"
"I guess it is." She said, a couple of memories brought back by that. "Well, let's get everything moved in, shall we?"
"Okay!" Yon said happily, and ran to the bags that she left at the top of the stairs. He reached in the largest one and pulled out a smaller bag, full of his toys, blankets, and other stuff. He dragged it to his room and dumped it out on the floor. Kaylen watched this, and laughed a little. She helped him get everything where he wanted it, and then went to get her own stuff. While taking it out, she pulled out a necklace, with a blue water drop shaped stone on it. She looked at it, remembering things she once thought better forgotten. She put it on, and felt more relaxed than she had in weeks. She got the rest of her stuff set up. By that time the sun was setting, and they were both tired. As the last rays of light faded away, they both closed their eyes and fell asleep.

Last edited by Aquaticnecris on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:58 am; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Left_bar_bleue50/50Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:25 pm

((Hey! No doing that! Bad Safire! XD ))
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:35 pm

(('tis a bad idea, you don't know what might catch up with you.))
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm

I am. The first chapter isn't done yet. I'm updating the post as I work on it.
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Potential is my talent! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aquatica
Aquatica

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Chapter one complete.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Nice one, Jaime! How come you never show this sort of stuff to me? This is the first story I've seen out of you in years...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*   Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myrra, chapter one- Moving in. *Completed, 03/28/2010*
Page 1 of 1