Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter One: Radio Head

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chitose
Player
Player
chitose

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:
Chapter One: Radio Head Left_bar_bleue50/50Chapter One: Radio Head Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Chapter One: Radio Head Empty
PostSubject: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Progressive Rock blasts through the speakers of the modified jeep as my hand taps against the steering wheel. I look out the window at the cliff faces that surround me, at the desolate, lifeless earth all around me. I chuckle, though I do not know why, maybe because anyone else would feel so sad, or terrified being out here; but not me, this is my job, and I am good at it.
“How you holding up back there? I hope those restraints aren’t too uncomfortable now. Don‘t worry, we will be in Great Haven soon enough, then you can relax in our five star laboratory, hahaha.”
I knock my free fist against the cage connected to the back of the jeep, rattling the plastic bags that writhe on the floor. My laughter soon fades as more and more bleak sandy earth rushes past me.
“Ugh…what the hell am I doing here? I am talking to these stupid corpses for god’s sake! Well, a nice shower, some grub, and some time with Diane should set me up right again. Just a few more kilometers and we will be there.”
A few minutes pass and an enormous wall of grey concrete blocks out the sun and closes off the path in front of the jeep. I flip a switch and a special bright purple light on top of the roof of the car flashes, signaling the turret guns to stand at the ready. I near the shadow cast by the structure when the jeep starts slowing down, then the radio goes dead and the light shuts off. The jeep just sits there, dead, and fifty meters away from the safety zone.
“The absolute best time for my battery to die…I thought this damned thing kept its charge for decades! “
I look around using the mirrors, grabbing my riffle and pistols. The sun is still behind the Southern Gate, but there is enough light to tell it is nearly noon.
“Okay, you got to be fast. Get to the safety zone and you will be fine, you can run the last fifty meters, no problem…but I might need to leave some of the passengers behind.”
I count to three and kick the door open, running around the back and throwing open the door, picking up one of the body bags and throwing it over my shoulder.
As if called by some alarm, glowing, hungry eyes shine from the dark caves lining the cliff faces. My eyes widen and I slam the door shut, then the front one as I run past. I sprint as fast as I can to get to the protective shadow of the Southern Gate as snarling monsters emerge from the caves and start chasing after me. I look back as I hear the steps in the sand and push myself to go even faster.
“Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! Since when did they hunt in such big groups?!”
I grab a flash grenade from my belt and lob it behind me, hoping to slow them down with the intense light and noise. But the noise does not come, I glance back and see the grenade just laying on the ground.
“Of course! The only grenade I have with me just so happens to be a dud, what else would I expect?!”
It did not matter though, I was soon in the shadow of Southern Gate, and the guns finally started firing at the group of creatures behind me, thinning out their numbers considerably. The gate started to open and I ran inside, carrying the writhing, groaning bag with me.
Once inside, the door closed back up and I leaned against a wall, trying to catch my breath. I drop the bag like a sack of laundry and look up to a guard asking for my ID. Resisting the urge to sock him right in the face, I point to the Great Haven Scientific Research ID on my shoulder. I rest against the wall for a while after the guard walks off, then I look down at the bag.
“Welcome to Great Haven, one of the sixteen fortresses left in the world. I hope you enjoy your stay, because I worked my ass off to get you here.”
I grab the bag and lift it back over my shoulder, then head in to the inner city.
Back to top Go down
chitose
Player
Player
chitose

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:
Chapter One: Radio Head Left_bar_bleue50/50Chapter One: Radio Head Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

the format of the site completely disregarded my indents. oh well, here it is, 16th Haven
Back to top Go down
chitose
Player
Player
chitose

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 pm

sorry, bumping for order
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Level: 1
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Oo, nice! I'm sorry I never responded to the PMs, my internet went wacky on me.
Back to top Go down
chitose
Player
Player
chitose

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks
That is fine
Did you read the other chapters as well?
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 am

Yup, nice!
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:45 am

I like this... Sorry about the indents...
Back to top Go down
chitose
Player
Player
chitose

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you shadearion (hm is there anything you would prefer I call you?)
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:44 am

Call me what you like. I guarantee I've heard worse. Also, if that gets a little wordy, you can call me shade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter One: Radio Head   Chapter One: Radio Head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter One: Radio Head
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live it up a little. :: Short(Or not so short) Stories :: Chitose's :: 16th Haven-
Jump to: