Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 1   H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:51 am

Chapter One: The Stillness
Seven Years Ago

It was early morning, too early in the morning for a day off. I turned my head on my pillow to stare blankly at the alarm clock. It glowed its red square letters: ten o’ clock…like I said “too early.” I stirred from under the covers. “Might as well get up,” I mumbled to myself “no point of staying in bed.” I was lying to myself of course, but I always felt like saying something good out loud might appeal to those unknown, listening persons. I threw the covers off and stumbled out of bed. I then proceeded to put on my clothes for the day. Though they usually never matched, today they somewhat did: black Tripp pants and a black shirt…my Slipknot shirt to be exact. I thought “maybe this will be my lucky day!” I was…wrong, to be blunt. I then kicked my cat, turned off the TV that was left on Cartoon Network, and fell down the stairs…you know, the usual.
After my morning “trip” (haha…puns) I went into the kitchen, for the morning coffee. On the table was a note from my older brother, Orlando, whom I lived with, usually reading the same generic message. “Be home at six. Don’t wreck my house. Signed, Orlando!” Why he wrote “signed” was always a mystery. Arthur, our nuisance of a little brother, was nowhere to be found, but I didn’t care. He was probably at his friend’s house or something, but once again…I didn’t care.
I stumbled into the kitchen and poured my coffee, more on myself than the cup. I cursed (a lot), and ran to the bathroom. While I washed myself off, I pondered nothings and somethings, of what would happen that day. Until, that is, I heard that scream. Oh God, that scream. It was that of nightmares, loud and long, curdling the blood at a pitch so high it was probably heard for miles. I dropped the wet cloth I was using and ran to the window. Nothing. In fact, it was lifeless outside, with an eerie almost grayish aura to every object. I watched for almost ten minutes. No cars, or joggers, or even birds for those long minutes. Forget the term “my heart skipped a beat,” mine practically stopped. It was horrifying. The creepiest nothing ever. I stepped back from the window, and decided to turn around. If I looked any longer, I honestly would have soiled myself (too much detail?). I decided to write the scream off as my imagination.
To avoid any more self inflicted heart trauma, I hopped onto the computer, and turned on my music (TOOL to be exact). No one was on AIM, but it was the middle of the day, so it was understandable. I played a few random 8-bit flash games to occupy myself, and to take my mind off of the world outside. Indulging into the world of cheesy computer games didn’t help though. The eerie stillness outside weighed in my brain.
I decided to call my friend Joe to see if he could make sense of this. Hanging out with Joe…well…I’ll just say it made me feel smarter. I dialed the phone, and though pissed, I was not surprised. It was dead. Not even a dial tone. Something told me that this had to do with the void that was formerly a bright, cheery, busy highway (an oxymoron, I know, but still…it seemed happier than what was there now). But, since Joe only lived a few blocks away, I decided to walk. WORST MISTAKE EVER!!!
Back to top Go down

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1