Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chapter Three

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Chapter Three Left_bar_bleue50/50Chapter Three Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Chapter Three Empty
PostSubject: Chapter Three   Chapter Three Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:25 am

Whilst Rodrick went back to the land of dreams, I interred them into the ground, remaining vigilant for others like them that would assuredly come in the days to follow. I said no words over them, either religious or otherwise, merely finished giving them the rest they richly deserved after so much suffering in their lives. Afterwards, I returned to my fire lit vigil, wondering precisely how many of these poor souls I would encounter over the next few days.

As I pondered this, my mind was forced to return to certain questions. The most important of these was the question of what precisely had served as a catalyst for the strange feelings I had been experiencing as of late, and also the stirrings of Darker things in the world. These were fast becoming dangerous times. Every nation seemed on the brink of war with the others, even those who had once been the closest of allies, and preventing these wars seemed an insurmountable, Herculean task. It would seem that my time in hiding was to come to an end. The world, whether it be ready or not, must know that the Loup Garoup continues to watch over them.

After a highly uneventful evening, I woke my student at dawn. As usual, he awoke blinking repeatedly and looking for all the world as though he was part owl. "How are you this lovely morn," I asked in a very cheery and energetic voice. He proceeded to attempt to answer with a series of grunts and half-finished mumbles before finally forcing out one word: "Coffee..." "Coffee? I am unsure whether I have any upon my person..." This was, of course, pure jest. Despite my own dislike for coffee, I knew the esteeem others held it in, forming close to an addiction with the substance, so naturally I carried a great deal of coffee with me at all times. Not having the necessary experience with me to know this about me, he let out a noise that sounded very much like a death wail. He stopped, puzzled as I commenced to laugh at both his failure to read my expression and at his reaction to an alleged lack of coffee. After a moment of pure humor for myself, and pure torture for him, I took pity on him and revealed the bag which contained the coffee stores. I quickly set about making him a strong cup, and as I handed it to him, he gave a big smile and commenced to take his first sip. After he had taken his first few swallows, which I noticed got larger and larger as he went along, I broached a subject that had been troubling me since the incident during the night. "How do you feel about what we did last night?" I asked, watching his expression carefully. He merely shrugged before replying: "It's merely a part of life, and particularly of traveling." "You seem to have an easy grip upon killing. Does that not bother you?" I asked with no small amount of concern. "I've done it before. It seems worse than it is, and it is never pleasant, but I guess I have gotten used to it." "I would be careful about how easily you allow yourself to kill. Not only is it a permanent path for all involved, but it is a path upon which Darkness is formed." He said nothing for a while, allowing the silence to stretch on, before giving a slight nod. "I think I understand, Master. I guess I just allowed my life before to force me to get used to the idea of killing, that I overlooked the consequences." I sat back a little and pondered his words. His life prior to our meeting was something he did not seem to gain much joy from speaking of, and so I had left it alone. I too understood the pain of the past, perhaps better than anyone can or should know. I did not try to force the subject, instead I merely aided him in gathering our things before heading off once more for the icy lands of Juten.
Back to top Go down

Chapter Three
Page 1 of 1